Faith Over Fear : Overcoming Anxiety with Rachel Swanson
Today on the podcast, I am so excited to have my friend, Rachel Swanson, with me. We’re chatting about overcoming anxiety and how understanding God’s character can help you to overcome it. As moms I know that it’s very common to struggle with fear. With all the bad things going on in the world, it’s too easy to let that fear creep in—I know it is for me. With shootings, hurricanes, and natural disasters going on, my first response after getting the tragic news is to put myself in their shoes and wonder what I would do to protect my kids in those situations. Then I worry and worry! Sometimes there is no good answer, but that’s usually when the fear kicks in. The reality is that I know I have to trust God and really put my trust in Him. So, that’s what the heart of our talk about is today — you’re going to love it!
Rachel’s new book is unique. It is a devotional coloring book called Big and Little Coloring Devotional. It’s really cool. My girls and I have really been enjoying it. Each page has a little devotional — one for mom (or dad) and one for your child. My only dilemma is that I’m trying to color with BOTH my girls.
I cannot wait for you to hear this episode!
On a “Simply” & “Joyful” side note…
Highlights from This Show…
- Rachel shares a bit about the season of having three babies in diapers (they are now 5 and 3 1/2—19 months apart!) and the “funness” of being sleep deprived.
- Rachel shares about her “bold butterfly approach” mentioned in her bio and why the butterfly is so important to her.
This is the person God has designed me to be. —Rachel Swanson
He did not design the butterfly to live a caterpillar life. — Kristi Clover
- I asked Rachel to tell her God story, and how God painted love and joy back into her life.
My relationship with God was “God-in-a-box”. —Rachel Swanson
- Rachel shares about her stress and anxiety.
Stress and anxiety is my thorn in my flesh that I have to give to God daily. —Rachel Swanson (CLICK TO TWEET)
When we feel like something is off, that is when we need someone from the outside to help us see our blindspots. —Rachel Swanson
- Rachel digs a little deeper into her study of Psalms, and how the character of God helped her get through her anxiety.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- Rachel reminds us of four truths to remember when going through stress and anxiety
God is in control. —Rachel Swanson
Life is a slow cooker. Not an instant pot. —Kristi Clover
Coloring as a stress-reliever! Rachel shares about her new coloring book and the God-story of how it came to be. (CLICK TO TWEET)
Are you struggling with stress and anxiety in your life? Please know that you are not alone! Here are some great resources to get help with Stress and Anxiety:
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It’s a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
Connect with Rachel Swanson…
Rachel Swanson is a dental hygienist turned author, speaker, and accredited christian life coach helping women discover their unique purpose and pursue their dreams. She inspires others by sharing personal real life refining moments with relatable truths on her blog, social media pages, in-person speaking events, and through her high-level online coaching program.
Rachel is married to her husband Jeff of 10 years. They have three children: identical twin boys (Gavin and Rylan) and 19 months later a baby girl (Aria). They reside in a wannabe country town in the suburbs of Los Angeles, California.
(This podcast is by Kristi Clover. Discovered by Christian Podcast Central and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Christian Podcast Central, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Finding Joy in Loss and Homemaking Hacks with Amy Roberts
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Discovering God’s Grace through the Seasons with Ruth Simons
- Simply Joyful Podcast: The Balance Between Pursuing Holiness and Resting in Grace with Jess Connolly
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Learning How to Remain a God-Centered Mom with Heather MacFadyen
- Simply Joyful Podcast: What if You Actually Do What the Bible Says? with Tricia Goyer