Embracing Life with Defiant Joy with Candace Payne
Known to most people as the “Chewbacca mom,” I have Candace Payne on the show today! If you have been on any social media at any point, you’ve probably seen the viral video on Facebook Live of her trying on a Chewbacca mask. Her laughter was contagious, and it took the world by storm.
Candace’s video is so great because it’s a mom who was having a fun little moment and laughs hysterically. Have you ever had one of those moments where you just can’t stop yourself from laughing? What’s fun is she has a new book out called Laugh it Up. There is so much more to Candace than just a Chewbacca mask. She is the real deal and such a joy. Her book is all about embracing freedom and experiencing defiant joy.
I can’t wait to have you listen in to my conversation with Candace.
On a “Simply” & “Joyful” side note…
Get ready for a great interview — get your own Simply Joyful Podcast mug HERE!
Highlights from This Show…
Here are a few fun quotes from this episode. Please feel free to “click to tweet” or share the images below on social media.
- How a prayer, returning yoga pants, laughing over a silly mask — and an insane, super viral video changed her life.
- Here’s the link to see Candace’s contagious laughter that started it all: HER VIRAL FACEBOOK VIDEO
- The Tim Hawkins video that I love about yoga pants!
- The importance of not putting God in a box.
- Candace’s new book, Laugh it Up and how she defines defiant joy
- Candace’s “perfect man” as defined in 90s terms —this made me laugh so hard!
- Joy’s frienemy — COMPARISON! — and why she calls it a “frienemy.”
- Here’s a link to the song Trust & Obey that made Candace and I get goosebumps as we realized the words fit so perfectly into our conversation: #GodMoment
- The artwork throughout the book is hers! Amazing!
- The new Companion Guide that is coming out with her book and all the “fun work” challenges she has. Who would want homework when you can do “fun work!”
- A new project with DaySpring involving her artwork from the book.
- How Candace is managing the new demands of juggling being a work-at-home mom now.
I want to be an extravagant giver so I can reflect You to this world. —Candace Payne (CLICK TO TWEET)
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It’s a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
Connect with Candace Payne…
Candace Payne is a viral sensation whose Facebook Live video of trying on a Chewbacca Mask became the most-viewed Facebook Live video to date (165+ million views). She has been featured in more than 3,000 media outlets and has interviewed with major media such as “Good Morning America,” “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” The New York Times, PEOPLE and Cosmopolitan. Candace recently launched a video series with TLCme and her first book will release in the fall of 2017. Candace lives in Texas with her husband, two children, and ornery pug.
Thank you, Rend Collective for allowing me to use your incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength”! This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
(This podcast is by Kristi Clover. Discovered by Christian Podcast Central and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Christian Podcast Central, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)
- Simply Joyful Podcast: How Understanding Personality Changes Everything with Anne Bogel
- Simply Joyful Podcast: The Balance Between Pursuing Holiness and Resting in Grace with Jess Connolly
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Finding Joy in Loss and Homemaking Hacks with Amy Roberts
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Faith Over Fear : Overcoming Anxiety with Rachel Swanson
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Welcome!