Discovering God’s Grace through the Seasons
This episode is going to be so fun! Today on the episode we have Ruth Simons—the woman behind Gracelaced. She has a very large Instagram following and is best known for her artwork. I have been so blessed going through her new book Gracelaced: Discovering Timeless Truths Through Seasons of the Heart. When I first got it, I really didn’t want to use it because it was so stunning. But when I started going through the devotional, I was blown away. Not only is she an amazing artist, she’s a spectacular writer! What makes this devotional so special is the gorgeous artwork on the pages. There really is something about beauty that is so inspiring — and makes you want to get into the Word.
If you are not familiar with Gracelaced or Ruth, she is an artist, writer, entrepreneur, and speaker. As the creator of the popular GraceLaced online shop, blog, and Instagram community, she shares scriptural truths daily through her hand-painted artwork and words. Ruth and her husband, Troy, live in New Mexico and are grateful parents to six sons—their greatest adventure.
If you are a fan of Gracelaced, you are going to go wild about this episode! We chat a lot about behind the scenes of Gracelaced, how she got started, and what God did that brought around this ministry and business.
Get ready for a really encouraging interview with Ruth Simons!
I cannot wait for you to hear this episode!
On a “Simply” & “Joyful” side note…
Ruth says schedule nothing. Make time on your schedule where there is nothing planned—I promise that it will be filled with the right things.
Highlights from This Show…
- Gracelaced started off as a blog when Ruth was trying to figure out how the gospel correlated with her day-to-day life.
I mentioned the Steadfast Love art work that I purchased from Ruth’s shop. You can order your copy here.
God’s faithfulness in the seen and unseen in our lives really play a part of where I am today. —Ruth Simons
We need to have His words at a glance—in our homes, in our work place. —Kristi Clover
- Ruth shares a little bit about how she started pursuing selling her art, and continues sharing what inspires her artwork.
I’m inspired by the beauty of God’s creation. —Ruth Simons
God is at work in the sunset as well as the tiniest bloom. —Ruth Simons
- Ruth explains a little bit about how Gracelaced (the book) is set up, and why she chose to set it up by seasons.
To stand firm, to obey, to walk in faith, all comes from right believing. —Ruth Simons
It all starts with the character of God. —Ruth Simons
- I ask Ruth to share some tips for parents going through a weary season.
#MotherhoodIsSanctifying hashtag came from me thinking I am blessed in this very circumstance.
God’s not done with our kids, but God’s not done with us either. —Kristi Clover
How are they [your kids] going to see the gospel right now. —Ruth Simons
- Ruth shares about all the many art elements that went into creatingGracelaced book — there was TONS!
I basically did two books. I wrote the book then I painted the book. —Ruth Simons
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It’s a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
Connect with Ruth Simons…
Ruth Chou Simons is an artist, writer, entrepreneur, and speaker who shares her journey of how God’s grace intersects daily life through word and brush at GraceLaced.com – the popular blog, online shoppe, and Instagram community that welcomes thousands daily.
Ruth is an unlikely mom to six young boys and wife to Troy, with whom she leads GraceLaced’s small but mighty team. When not painting, writing, and casting vision for GraceLaced.com, Ruth is usually busy eating chips and salsa, sorting laundry, cooking for large crowds, not finishing her sentences, and discovering off-beaten paths in the wild with her guys. She is a devotee of pho, a recovering perfectionist, a converted four-wheeling enthusiast, and a believer in waiting upon her Redeemer through every season.
Thank you, Rend Collective for allowing me to use your incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength”!
(This podcast is by Kristi Clover. Discovered by Christian Podcast Central and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Christian Podcast Central, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Faith Over Fear : Overcoming Anxiety with Rachel Swanson
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Hope for the Financially Frustrated with Erin Odom
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Learning How to Remain a God-Centered Mom with Heather MacFadyen
- Simply Joyful Podcast: The Art of Practicing Hospitality with Kristin Schell
- Simply Joyful Podcast: Heidi St. John – Counter-Cultural Parenting