Reaching Millennials In the Church
This episode is the second part in Jon’s look at Millennials in the church. Jon gives ten characteristics of millennial-friendly churches.
What does the Bible say about Millennials?
- The are made in God’s image (Genesis 1:27)
- They are sinful (Romans 3:23)
- They are loved by Jesus (Romans 5:8)
- We are called to make disciples of them (Matthew 28:18-19)
- They can be gifted by Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12)
- They are our present and future (Psalm 78:4)
10 Characteristics of Millennial-friendly churches:
- The Gospel
- Be Authentic
- Create Connections
- Create experiences
- Provide mentors, not maestros.
- Talk about Jesus instead of God
- Call people to be a part of something bigger
- Embrace social media
- Giveaway leadership in all areas of the church to Millennials
- Use Apologetics in every ministry
(This podcast is by Jon Morrison. Discovered by Christian Podcast Central
and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Christian Podcast Central, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)
- The Jon Morrison Podcast: Justin Dean, Former Communications Director of Mars Hill Church
- WWUTT: What Does the Bible Say About Social Justice?
- BreakPoint: One by One – Welcoming Singles into Your Church
- WWUTT: Inviting Unbelievers to Church?
- Relational Toolshed: Growing Leaders in a New World with Andrew McPeak