It’s been said that there are four things that God doesn’t know:
- He doesn’t know a sin that He doesn’t hate.
- He doesn’t know a sinner He doesn’t love.
- He doesn’t know a plan any better than the one He gave us.
- He doesn’t know a time any better than NOW.
John 3:16 tells us that:
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Could He have figured out a better way to solve the problem of our sin at a lesser cost to Himself? Sure. He’s God. He operates by the “Golden Rule”: He who has the gold makes the rules. He has the most gold. He made the rules. He could have chosen another way if He wanted to.
Could He have chosen a way that cost Him more? No.
Could He have chosen a way that would have better demonstrated the amount that He loves each one of us? No.
So, John 3:16 is the way that He chose.
Salvation, “Born Again”, “Being Saved”… they’re all synonyms that mean a secured eternity in heaven with God – and thus an avoided eternity without God or His attributes – is only possible through Jesus Christ. It doesn’t matter if you are a “Point in Time” Christian or a “Process” Christ-follower. Either way, as a human, this eternity “problem” is something you need to think about.
- Carty’s Contemporary Classics 43: Could God Have Picked A Better Plan?
- Carty’s Contemporary Classics: Take A Look At The Snake, part 4
- Carty’s Contemporary Classics 42: Take A Look At The Snake & Be Born Again
- Carty’s Contemporary Classics: Take A Look At The Snake, part 3
- Carty’s Contemporary Classics 41: How To KNOW That You Will Live Forever